The more experience you have in fleet/transportation management, the more knowledgeable you are likely to be about the subjects covered in the CTP® Examination. However, even those with substantial experience in the transportation industry need to dedicate themselves to some study and review before taking the CTP Examination.
NPTC and The Institute offer several programs designed to help you prepare for the CTP Examination. There is no advantage to one program over another, nor are any a guarantee to pass, as all are only additional tools to help you succeed in your pursuit of the CTP designation.
- Five online and interactive Private Fleet Management ONLINE® Courses are offered through a partnership between NPTC and Instructional Technologies.
- The five-day Private Fleet Management Institute, offered in January, is the most comprehensive educational program available for transportation professionals.
- The CTP Examination Preparation Workshop, also offered in January, provides a review of the knowledge considered essential for passing the CTP Examination.
- Test your knowledge and test taking skills with a sample CTP multiple-choice examination and case study analysis. [ 2005 Case Study: Question | Top Essay Answer ]
- Network with other fleet/transportation professionals who have earned the CTP designation.
Additionally, candidates are strongly encouraged to purchase and read copies of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs) and Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMRs) offered through J.J. Keller & Associates.
To increase your chances of passing the CTP Examination, we strongly recommend that you begin your study preparation at least nine months prior to the examination date.
Click here to find all the documents you will need to learn more about the CTP program and to apply and study for the designation.